The 13th China (Shenzhen) International Cultural Industry Fair (ICIF) released the list of the ‘Most Beautiful Ancient Villages’. Eight Hunan villages were on the list.
Free from any business factors, evaluation criteria were set for the choice of the ancient villages all over the country as follows:
Having long history and boasting profound Chinese traditional culture;
Having well preserved ancient architectures with distinctive local characteristics;
The buildings enjoy high technical level, and artistic and ornamental values, easy to attract tourists.
The eight selected villages are:
1. Ganyantou Village in Fujiaqiao Town, Lingling District, Yongzhou City
2. Shanggantang Village in Xiacengpu Town, Jiangyong County, Yongzhou City
3. Longxi Village in Panshi Town, Qiyang County, Yongzhou City
4. Tantian Village in Lijiaping Town, Shuangpai County, Yongzhou City
5. Wubaotian Village in Shangpuxi Yao Town, Chenxi County, Huaihua City
6. Gaoyi Village in Gaoyi Town, Huitong County, Huaihua City
7. Banliang Village in Gaoting Town, Yongxing County, Chenzhou City
8. Zhangguying Village, Zhangguying Town, Yueyang County, Yueyang City
Translator: Pang Yuehui